My toolbar

Saturday, September 18, 2010

review of ipod/iphone app call of duty, world at war: zombies



armless, sideless, BRAINLESS...
 this guy needs to make some serious
 considerations about the
path his life is on.
 


When I heard of a "Call of Duty" for the iPhone, I was very skeptical. I could hardly believe that such an awesome game series could be formatted for the iPhone. I went to the app store, found it, and bought it. Turns out, it was just the world at war zombies package. It cost me ten bucks, which is almost the price of a used game at gamestop. After playing it for the first time, I definitely had mixed emotions about it. It seemed to be a great game, but very limited. Further play confirmed this. The map was definitely to small, and there weren't enough weapons. (since my purchase, updates have been made that added weapons.) Recently, Activision added in at least two maps, but of course, they were expensive. If my memory serves me, a single map with slight variation on weapon selection was 2.99, and a map pack with different weapons and additional zombies was another 9.99. however, I am of the opinion that they are definitely worth it, due to the increased variety and huge map size.

Now, as for graphics: quite frankly, they are horrible. what kind of zombie has a square face and diamond shaped yellow eyes? Here's an example:



Graphics-not this games strong point.

Now, i know its just in iPod game, but there are much better apps graphics wise. Can't really say much more on that.
I want to make something clear: this is absolutely NOT a bad game. It is extremely difficult, offers multi player compatability, has a huge list of achievements, and is extremely addicting. I am simply pointing out the faults to let you make an educated decision. I felt that this game was worth every penny I spent on it.

All in all, I would reccomend this game to any first person shooter addict with a taste for zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anner

Business Affiliate Programs •  Sale •  Personals •  Advertising •  Shopping